Around 40% of the world population has an internet connection today (view all on a page ). In 1995, it was less than 1%. The number of internet users has increased tenfold from 1999 to 2013. The first billion was reached in 2005. The second billion in 2010. The third billion in 2014. The chart shows the number of global internet users per year
Many small businesses run a lean operation. They focus on necessities and urgent matters, only spending money when they need to. So, it’s easy to see why some business owners might think a website is a luxury item.They might even believe a Facebook page is enough for an online presence and will help them sell products. But the truth is, the only way to start promoting a business is by building a professional website.
Why Do Small business Need a Website
1. A website will act as an anchor for all of your business details, product information and promotions live on your website first. Then, you can create marketing materials that fall in line with your domain name, which will drive customers to your website for additional information.
2. Your website will acts as a digital brochure, sharing up-to-date information about your offerings. A benefit of web publishing is that you can change information in real-time — no waiting or paying for new print materials.
3. Think of your website as a 24-hour sales staff. It provides answers to frequently asked questions and can even process sales.
4. Websites with e-commerce and purchasing options allow users to make direct purchases online, thus simplifying sales for both your staff and your customers too.
5. A website is a surefire way to connect with new customers which might be unfamiliar with your business.
6. One misconception about websites is that they’re only for national companies or worldwide corporations with audiences around the globe. But Actually, websites are just as, if not more, beneficial for small businesses.
7. Nothing is more important than the ability to be found. If you don’t have an established online identity, then customers can’t find you. Not showing up in the search engines (or on the Internet at all for that matter) is one of the fastest ways to lose credibility as a business. It makes you and your company look dated, out of touch and untrustworthy.
8. If you think having a Facebook page or an online directory listing (like Yellow Pages) is enough to promote your business, then it’s totally wrong. You run your own website, and then it’s in the control of both the content you produce and the platform that you maintain.
9. Many small business owners rely on using third-party platforms or avoid setting up their own website because they think it’s complicated or expensive. But building and maintaining a website is easier and cheaper than ever before.
Take my advice, small business owners — there are no more excuses. If you’re putting off building a website, you’re hurting your business. It’s time to get started!
If you want to create your website and you have lots of question about your business online presence. Here is who solve your problems: Free Web Consultant.